SMC General Education Requirements


Open Page as PDF

To earn an Associate degree from SMC, students may follow the General Education requirements outlined below, the CSU GE requirements, or the IGETC requirements. Students intending to transfer to a 4-year institution should follow either the IGETC or CSU GE requirements. Consult a counselor for advice.

Applying Exam Credit to SMC GE

See the “Credit by Exam” charts at the end of this chapter for a list of the AP, IB, and CLEP exams that may be used on the SMC GE pattern.